Before the Spice could flow and Paul Atreides was born, the sisterhood of the Bene Gesserit existed in the world of Dune.
In the lore of this dark and dangerous sci-fi galaxy — as depicted in Denis Villeneuve’s 2021 blockbuster, and its upcoming in 2016, and has worked on a variety of genre films including Alien: Resurrection and Independence Day. With rumors that Prophecy will be a more action-adventure series than perhaps previously thought, Foerster’s experience with sci-fi action seems to be a good fit.
Who is in the cast of Dune: The Sisterhood?
The cast of Dune: The Sisterhood is an interesting mix of familiar faces and rising stars. If you’ve even a remote interest in science fiction TV and film, you’ll recognize at least one of these names.
- Emily Watson as Valya Harkonnen
- Olivia Williams as Tula Harkonnen (this role was previously played by Shirley Henderson)
- Jodhi May as Empress Natalya (this role was previously played by Indira Varma)
- Sarah-Sofie Boussnina as Princess Ynez
- Shalom Brune-Franklin as Mikaela
- Faoileann Cunningham as Sister Jen
- Aoife Hinds as Sister Emeline
- Chloe Lea as Lila
- Mark Strong as Emperor Javicco Corrino
Two actors have left the production of this series since 2021, Shirley Henderson and Indira Varma. The reasons for both exits seem to be tied to scheduling issues due to the start-and-stop nature of the production overall.
One point of interest here is that none of these characters come from the original six Dune novels. Instead, sisters,